8 consecutive weeks weeks, starting Tues, January 22, 2018
Time: [7:00] – 9:00 p.m.
Location: Yoga for Living, 1926 Greentree Rd., Cherry Hill, NJ
A pre-registration telephone interview is required. Please schedule by contacting Lori@OpeningIn.com
It’s estimated that 70% of people living in the United States will experience trauma. That’s not to mention the numbers of people who will experience extreme stress. And although 20% will have PTSD, most of the others will carry a psychological and physiologic reaction.
The good news is, through neuroscience-based practices, we can find a way to traverse life with greater ease, despite the trauma and stressors. . this is true even if our genetics made us the anxious type.
In this 8-week course, you will learn
- breathing practices to reduce activation in the nervous system
- simple techniques that you can apply on the spot to deactivate
- mindfulness meditation practices to rewire the brain
- visualizations to invite experiences of comfort and ease
- self-compassion practices
- how to widen your “window of tolerance”
- to identify and increase supportive resources
- to “surf” the waves of emotions
- to calm your worrying mind
In this supportive environment where you can be yourself, through mindfulness and nervous system regulation practices (at home and in class),
Though Dr. Dan Gottlieb and Lori Volpe have had extensive training in mindfulness and in working with persons suffering from the effects of trauma, this course is designed to be an adjunct to psychotherapy, rather than a replacement for individual counseling.