Finding Peace Amid Political Turmoil – Dr. Dan Gottlieb and Lori Volpe
Dates: Tuesdays, January 14, 21, 28, February 4, March 3
Time: 7 – 9 pm
Location: Yoga for Living, 1926 Greentree Rd., Cherry Hill, NJ
March 3rd follow up session at another Cherry Hill location
Registration: Register through Opening In. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for PayPal button.
Climate change, guns, immigration, hatred and division, fear of an unpredictable future … today’s socio-political environment is creating much suffering. Together, we’ll use mindfulness and emotional regulation techniques to care for our minds, bodies and hearts and learn to navigate the news of disturbing world events more skillfully, finding a greater sense of ease. The practical skills you will acquire can also be used in other aspects of your life. All points of view are welcome.
Here is a sample of some previous lectures:
- University of Colorado Medical School, lecture on The Vulnerable Therapist, Grand Rounds on the Tyranny of Technique – September 28, 2019
- National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI), Burlington County chapter: “The Human Voice beyond the Diagnosis.” May 2019
- New Church Live: “Vulnerability, Shame, and Intimacy”. December 2018
- Lecture for medical students at the Philadelphia Art Museum: “Creativity and Mental Illness.” September 2017
- Several years ago I was flown to Taiwan to be honored by their president with the ” Fervent Love of Life Award.”
- In July 2017, I was asked to speak at the Taiwanese Embassy in New York about how adversity can translate to love.
- Interfaith meeting: “Finding Self Compassion in Today’s Political Turmoil.” June 2017
- Philadelphia Council for Aging: “Finding Compassion for Our Aging Bodies and Brains” February 2017
- In addition, there were two TEDx talks and many hundreds of lectures worldwide prior to these.